This is my all-time favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. They are super easy to make and very delicious.
Decorate these vanilla cupcakes with buttercream and the topping of your choice. They’re great as a teatime treat and for parties.
- 270 g butter softened
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 360 g flour
- 4½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp milk
- frosting: vanilla buttercream (Recipe link Below)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until pale in color. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until creamed together, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and add flour mixture alternating with the milk, beat until just combined and smooth. Do not over mix. The batter will become thin.
- Drop a scoop of batter into the liners. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes however you'd like and Enjoy!