I love cookies.
And I really love these cookies! These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have an easy, quick recipe to follow with your little ones and can be made and enjoyed at any time of the day. Tiny hands do enjoy mixing, making balls with cookie dough and I think the most enjoyable moment will be eating chocolate chips!😋
I’m so excited to share a child-friendly recipe with you all, which can be made with tiny tots under adult supervision.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are soft with chewy centers and crispy edges. They are full of flavor with melty milk and white chocolate. Make plenty with your little ones as they are sure to be a hit.
Yield: 24 cookies
- 100 g butter softened
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 75 g oats
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
- 🍭Place the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and help your child beat them together until creamy.
- 🍭Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together again. Sift in the flour and then mix in.
- 🍭Add the oats and the chocolate chips and stir in.
- 🍭Place round tablespoons of the mixture in 24 or so onto the baking sheets leaving plenty of space around each one. Shape each mound into a round and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe instructions that young children should find particularly easy to carry out are marked with a 🍭lollipop. Adult supervision is recommended at all times.
I hope you and your little ones will enjoy making this chewy cookie!