Gulab Jamuns are my favorite Indian sweet. A Quick and excellent sweet that will be loved by kids and adults alike. This is one sweet that will finish in no time.
This is my mom’s recipe and they are simply divine! She makes it for parties or on the festival table and I just love it.
This recipe is straightforward to make, it needs simple ingredients and taste so good.
If you are looking for the yummy Gulab Jamun recipe, your search ends here. Make this delectable treat and enjoy it with your family!
- 250 g milk powder
- 250 g flour
- 160 g butter
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ½ cup milk
- oil for frying
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 3 cardamon pods
- Combine all the dry ingredients milk powder, flour, bicarbonate soda, and butter together.Add the milk and mix to form a soft and firm dough. Do not knead the dough. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sugar syrup: Heat all the ingredients sugar, water, rose essence, and cardamon together until the sugar dissolves, boil for 5 minutes, or until the sugar syrup turns sticky. Do not attain any string consistency.
- After resting the dough start to prepare small ball sized gulab jamuns, make sure they are smooth without any cracks in the jamuns.Heat oil on medium, add the gulab jamuns one at a time. Stirring them around slowly and constantly until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel to drain and let them cool.
- Then transfer the gulab jamuns into a warm sugar syrup. And let it soak in, before eating.
- Garnish with chopped nuts if desired and Enjoy!