This is one of my mom’s recipes which we enjoy the most! These Mini Rolled Pastries make a great party of finger foods. It is perfect for kids’ lunchboxes as they look cute, and also fantastic for Iftaar.
The dough and filling can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge. Or you can make rolled pastries in bulk and freeze them so you always have them handy when guests come over.
Spread the Joy!
Mini Rolled Pastry
Beef and Onion Filling
- 250 g beef (boiled and ground)*
- 250 g onion sliced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 250 g flour
- 90 g margarine softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg (plus one for glazing)
- 2 oz water cool water
- For the Filling:In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the sliced onions and fry until it turns translucent. Add the ground beef, chilies, salt, and pepper. Mix until the filling is dry. Finally, add the coriander leaves, switch off and cool completely.
- For the Dough:a. In a bowl add all the ingredients together and knead into a soft dough with cool water. Once the dough is ready, divide it into 2 balls. Then roll out the dough into a rectangle of quarter-inch thickness. Add the filling and roll and form a rope shape with the filling inside. Then cut the pastries into 2-inch lengths.b. Apply some beaten egg on top of the pastries and bake in a preheated oven at 180C. Until golden on top for 15-20 minutes.
I hope you will try this out. Do let me know how it turns out for you!