Buttercream cookies are perfect for parties and festivals. These cookies are simple, chewy, and topped with delicious buttercream frosting.
These cookies keep their shape when baked, and they are perfect for decorating. Frosting the cookies will be the most fun part for the kids. They will love it for sure!
This is how my nephews decorated. Isn’t it cute?
The decorations on these cookies totally depend on your imagination. You can sprinkle sparkling sugar or make a simple glaze and spread it on cookies and then decorate with sprinkles.
- 275 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100 g brown sugar
- 75 g butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
For the buttercream
- 50 g butter softened
- 150 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- coloring optional
- ⭐Sift the flour and cinnamon, stir in the sugar. Add the butter and let the child combine it all with their fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- ⭐In a measuring jug whisk the egg and golden syrup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix into a ball. Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment papers. Set aside.
- Sprinkle some flour on the silicone baking mat and place the chilled dough and roll the dough out to about ¼ inch thickness.
- ⭐Using a cookie-cutter, let your child cut the dough into different shapes.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown then remove from the oven. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream frosting: Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth, slowly add in icing sugar, and milk beat on low until fully incorporated. Add the food coloring once the frosting is fully made and beat until it reaches the desired color.
- ⭐Use a teaspoon and spread the icing over the cool biscuits. Decorate as desired!
Use your kids favorite cookie cutter and enjoy making this buttercream cookie 😋